Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Washing Windows in the rain ~ I love my favorite neighbor!

Is it Gilligan? Nope, it's my neighbor. My Hunk and Rugrat went to go help the neighbor move a wood stove and his wife was washing windows in the rain..... while she was out there she stepped on a frog...... she said she heard a "pop" and screamed.... My Rugrat peaked his head out the door to makes sure she was ok..... What a hero...... A woman screams and he peeks his head out.

When my Hunk asked her why she was washing windows in the rain, she said it's the best time because the rain rinses them for you!

They were laughing so hard when they got home.........and when the supplied me with a photo I couldn't help but share.....

By the way did I mention how much I love these neighbors? Hopefully they will still love us after this post.

Hunk thought she looked like the Morton Salt gal, I think the photo looks like someone off of "Gilligan's Island"...... so of course it wouldn't be me without working on the Gilligan Theme song for her.


Gilligan's Island NEW THEME SONG~

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
a tale of my neighbors wish,
That started with dirty windows,
And a frog that got squished

The neighbor was a mighty business man,
His wife Brave and Sure,
A frog hopped on the patio,
For a window washing tour, a window washing tour

The rain started coming down,
The windows were a mess,
If not for the courage of that fearless girl,
The window's WOULDN'T be washed, The windows WOULDN'T be washed

The house was set on the shore of this uncharted lakeside Isle,
With Nellie,
Conley and Taylor too,
The Air Conditioner guy and his wife,
The neighbors,
Mike and Kevin,
Here on Blackhawk Isle


I love you neighbors!!!

Hope you enjoyed this at least ALMOST as much as I did writing it.

Ciao Bellas~

7 comments:

  1. ROFL!!! That song is a crack up! You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tami! I had almost TOO much fun writing it. I was trying to do it quickly so I could hurry up and get it on the blog... Not sure everyone finds it as funny as we do but we just love our neighbors so much and it's fun to raz when we can. I was actually really impressed that she was out there washing windows in the rain! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG YOU have to write a Erma Bombeck type of book, yu crack me UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! love ya cous I do have to say that I have never washed windows in the rain but the comcept does sound good! lol lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love the song. I love the idea of washing windows in the rain. Who woulda thunk it. Tell your friend she's a nut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the song! And I agree, I was thinking Giligan too. Poor frog! Maybe I should try window washing in the rain. Never thought of that!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay I'm a dork! I post my comment and it already says Sharon said...... then I sign it Sharon. It's kind of like the first time I text my son and said from mom, and he text back and said, "Uh, ya I know that the text is from you"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your "neighbor" blog has been the talk of the family. Now I see why...isn't she crazy?!! She swears the windows look great. The air conditioning man pointed out yesterday when the sun came out that they still looked dirty....but not AS dirty I say and, sadly, one less frog.

    ReplyDelete