Five years ago today I was diagnosed with Leiomyosarcoma Cancer (many of you have been reading about my story here on my blog.... "My Cancer Story")..........
FIVE YEARS! I can't believe it! They gave me a 30% chance to make it to this very day....and here I am!
I just got off the phone with Hunk who is sad that he is not here to celebrate with me.
I told him I thought I would be walking around beaming with joy today......and I am but I also find myself very emotional and weeping at the drop of a hat. I don't understand why.
He said "They are tears of joy! Congratulation on your 5 years and I'm looking forward to 5 more with you. I love you".......now that didn't help with the tears!
Though I did love to hear the words from him...
I miss him....hunt it down, kill it and drag it home already cowboy.
My next scan is soon and as many of you know hitting a 5 year mark with LMS doesn't mean CURE but in my little world it is still a benchmark I feared I would never make.
So it's still a time to celebrate.
They didn't know how kick butt mean I can be, I guess.....well, I'm not usually.....but......against Cancer......I try to be very mean!
And here I am, typing on my blog, meeting new friends every day...
I'm so thankful for the last 5 years: things I thought I would miss with my Rugrats.
- Watching my oldest Rugrat get his license and learn to drive .
- Watching him go to Prom.
- Watching him graduate high school
- Watching my other Rugrat son start high school
- Watching him start wrestling and enjoy it soooooo much, he eats and breaths it
- Watching Miss Rugrat get her first "boyfriend" and watched them break up
- Watching her go to her first Jr. High dance.
- Watching Little Rugrat graduate Kindergarten.
- Watching her learn how to wake board.
There are too many things to list that I would have missed..... and I didn't!