Hunk was working out of town the other night so I had to get up and take my Rugrat son to the bus stop .......this is something Hunk normally does for me.....
I was a bit rushed to get him to his bus stop, come back and take my Rugrat daughters to theirs.
The window was fogged over. I turned on my defrost and slowly started backing up.
I noticed a folded paper blowing on the dash. I grabbed it and opened it to see what it was............still very slowly backing up....
I say "Oh, I need to remember to fill this out and give it the girls"... I set the paper down, press on the brakes and put it in drive........
I feel a "sinking" on my rear end.......well, not my rear end (I just realized how much I wish this line could read "I SEE a "shrinking" in my rear end"....).. but the rear end of my car.
Moral of the story, no matter how slow you are going, don't back up while looking at a paper......or this can happen....
Don't put it in 4 wheel drive but try to go before it engages...... or this will happen....
When it looks like this and your Hunk isn't home, it's time to call a friends Hunk and have him come pull you out........ Thank you Melissa's Hunk....
Thanks to Melissa's Hunk, I was able to get my Rugrat daughters to their bus on time but I had to drive my son to school....this did allow me to get a Starbucks coffee....
Could have been worse...... I could have continued to roll down into the lake and then I could be picking fish out of my car.... Thank goodness I didn't read the entire paper.....
After realizing what a bozo move this was these came to mind:
- The lights are on but nobody is home.
- One fry short of a happy meal.
- One stick short of a package of gum
- One card short of a deck
- One donut short of a dozen
- A couple of bananas short of a split.
- A couple of bugs short of Windows '95.
- A few bricks short of a Lego set.
- A few candles short of a birthday cake.
- A few cans short of a six-pack.
- A few clowns short of a circus.
- A flower short of the arrangement.
- All foam, no beer.
- Body by Fisher, brains by Mattel.
- Bright as a two-watt bulb.
- Doesn't have all his cornflakes in one box.
And the one that fits the best:
- Engines running but no one's at the controls.
Have a TERRIFIC TUESDAY!!!!......kinda cheesy but I mean it, so does that make it less cheesy? lol