What a difference a day can make! I still am sad about our loss, of course, the loss of all of us family members and all his friends. He left two children and many grandchildren and great grandchildren behind, who all miss him very much. Emotions run high and it's easy to let yourself get sucked in and feel sorry for yourself. No more.
My Aloha has returned. Today, in fact, has been one of those days when you feel like everything is going GREAT! Not that all the difficult things in my life aren't still there BUT we all have them to deal with and I choose to NOT focus on them.
I am making a conscious effort to see the glass as half full instead of half empty.
- I got a ton of stuff done for our home office today. Woop! Woop!
- I took my son to take his drivers license test AND HE PASSED... stay off the roadways...kidding!
- I got some food back in my pantry and fridge..the rugrat's are kissing my feet and saying "thank you for not starving us Momma. I love you so much Momma. You are the best Momma anyone could ask for."
- I bought chicken dinner at the store and didn't have to cook!
- I made it back in time from the DMV to pick my girls up from volleyball practice.
It's funny how much a difference looking at the glass as half full instead of half empty can make. If I was looking at it half empty I would have said.
- I didn't get everything done in the office today that I needed to do and now I have to do some work tonight.
- I had to drive my son BACK to the dmv today for his test because I accidentally took him yesterday and his appointment was today. What a waste of time and gas. I had it on my calendar but was too frustrated and didn't read it correctly. ughhh
- I got groceries and got all the way home, through two locked gates only to have my children come to me and say "MOMMA, we have NO MILK!"
- They were out of drumsticks so I had to have another thigh for our chicken dinner and the girls really like drumsticks.
- I had to rush back from the DMV to pick up the girls from Volleyball practice. Rush here, rush there, that is all it seems I do.
HA! Funny thing is as I was first typing this post I was thinking what a FANTASTIC day I had. How everything went perfectly. How I love it when I have those days.. And then when I tried to look at it from a negative point of view.....I realized EVERYTHING DID NOT GO PERFECT... MY ATTITUDE made me feel that way.
I'm choosing the cup to be half full
You will be so glad you did.
Love you more than cheese.
Thanks for being there to fill my glass back up for me.