Sunday, December 20, 2009

FIVE DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!


Christmas vacation is upon us. School is out for two (and some schools ...three) weeks! All Rugrats are at home. Well, except for our Rugrat who no longer lives at home....sniff....sniff....

Many of my friends were not looking forward to this vacation. I for one LOVE it. I wish I could keep my rugrats home every day. Well, ALMOST everyday. I'm all about being 100% honest here...There are times when I would like for them to stay the night at school. But MOST days I'd rather have them here.

I love to hang out with my rugrats. I love to bake with them, cook with them, watch movies with them, laugh with them and love on them. I love to have their help around the house. They are usually great at helping switch over the laundry, fold the towels, etc.

We have started out loafing around for the most part. I've done laundry, dishes, cooking, baking but I've also done it in my pajamas. I stayed in my pajamas until 1:15 today! So you ask why bother changing at that point???..... Well I HAD to. I had to take the girls to a Christmas cooking class. I guess I could have gone in my pajamas, in fact every other mom there dropping off their little bakers would probably given me a high five... But I couldn't bring myself to do it.

I've also been watching a lot of movies the last two days. It's been WONDERFUL. Did I ever mention I'm addicted to movies? I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE movies. I love going to the movies, I love watching movies at home. I love watching movies with lots of friends or family and I love watching movies alone. I have favorites that I watch over and over and over again.

I have many friends who borrow movies from me. I have somewhat of a library of movies. Maybe I should start my own rental company...

So all that to say I've had a very enjoyable weekend.

Hunk filled the tractor up with firewood and brought it down to the house, got the rugrats go-kart running again and pulled the boat out of the lake for the winter.

The rugrats took off on the quads and rode around on the hills, exploring and watching the deer.

I love relaxing weekends. I love my family. I love my life.....

And I love that I have all of you to share it with.....

Ciao Bellas~

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and your family. I think once a person has dealt with cancer, they enjoy each and every minute of every day. I know I do. Sometimes I do get very tired, but hey at 73, that's part of life. LOL I to was one of those Mothers that liked for the kids to be home from school. Part of the reason was it was more relaxing, didn't have to be someplace at a certain time, didn't have to have clothes ready for four and lunches packed. Just a more relaxing and pleasant time. Enjoy them, they grow up quickly. Yes we do have five children, but the last one came along when the others were 17, 16, 15, and 11. SURPRISE. LOL In fact she started Kindergarten when the 11 year old had become a Senior. Like starting all over again and if I had been smarter, we would have had another one to help entertain the last one. She was pretty spoiled, with all the older kids around her.
    Like the old saying goes, they step on your toes when they're small but they step on your heart when they are older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great that you enjoy your kids so much. It's also great you can admit to wanting them to spend the night at school every now and then :) Seriously, they'll be out of the house before you know it. You're wise to spend as much time with them as you can. Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd rather have my rugrat at home with me too. I love my kid. Now if I can just get life to slow down long enough to enjoy the vacation!

    ReplyDelete