Wednesday, December 16, 2009

CHRISTMAS PARTY WITH GIRLFRIENDS~

Sitting at this table are a group of some of my very close friends. My sweet friend, Jackie, had a party for all of us gals. She is such a sweetheart and she made her home so inviting. Of course, I would expect nothing less from her.

Not only was it inviting but it was FUN. We had wonderful food and fellowship. We started off with a bowl of homemade soup. It was DELICIOUS. We sat around and talked and we played a game. We were given a piece of paper and a pencil, and a few items we had to draw. Pictionary. I was on a team with my two friends Sara and Sarah. We won! It was so much fun. Sarah was drawing and Sara and I were shouting out what we thought it was. I will have to say Sara was very good at guessing.

Next Jackie's Hunk served us each a plate of salad. We didn't even have to get up. He refilled our drinks and was such a gentleman. What a man. She has a keeper. And you can see the love he has for his wife every time he looks at her. And the same with her for him. It's so heartwarming to see.

The salad was followed by another game which was HYSTERICAL. Jackie read a story that just happened to be about Sara and her Hunk Stan. Every time the word "she" or "her" was used you passed the gift to the right (because us gals are ALWAYS right) and when the word "he" or "him" was used you passed it to the left. At the end of the story whoever had the gift in hand got to keep it. It was a hoot!




Here is Jackie's Hunk helping her remove some chairs that weren't needed. A few of our friends were not feeling well and weren't able to join us.

Jackie's Hunk received in the mail this day four bottles of wine of which he generously put out for us to share. I'm tellin' ya, she has a keeper....I'm also tellin' ya SO DOES HE... and Hunk and I are lucky enough to be able to call them friends. It's so nice to see how blessed we are. Especially this time of year.


Aren't they adorable? The two on the left are Sarah and Sara.......my teammates! ;)

And the other b-e-a-utiful side of the table. Look at that beautiful smile my friend Kristin has......


We now got up and served ourselves some ham, potatoes and bread. Perfect ending to our meal....

No it's isn't cold inside. Jackie is showing us how we are going to play a game I've never played before. It is also a game I can't wait to play again. I laughed so hard I thought I was going to pee my pants. In fact if you have a weak bladder (YES THAT WOULD BE ME) it wouldn't be a bad idea to wear a little extra. ....ehemmm. .........padding... while playing this game.


Jackie explains while Rhonda is ready to go.
SO..... this is how it works....

You start with a gift that is wrapped and put it in a bigger wrapped box and then a bigger wrapped box and then a bigger wrapped box and so on and so forth. You put on a hat, gloves (makes it harder to unwrap) and a scarf. Now that hat and scarf are mainly to slow you down because you can't start unwrapping until you are "dressed".
The person next to you rolls a pair of dice until they get doubles. Once they get doubles you have to stop unwrapping the gift and pass it to the person on your right. They have to get "dressed" and you start rolling until you get doubles. It goes round and round until someone finally opens the actual gift. It was a blast.
Forgive me now for the picture overload you are about to receive. And I even held back a few photos because I was..........well.......out of control.
I snapped a ton of photos and then when I wasn't snappin' Sara grabbed my camera and started snappin'.... There were so many funny moments during this that a video camera probably would have been the better plan.

I hope you enjoy, half as much as I did......you may want to stop and go "tinkle" before you proceed......

There I am in all my glory. Me and both of my chins.... I'm trying to get the hat off so I can give it to Sarah so she can put it on and I can start rolling the dice.....




I wold have to say that I'm shocked and amazed at what I just rolled....or just a big dork, which is most likely the case......


Sarah......love her.....we both share having the nasty "C" word in our past. Happy to say she is in remission as well.......


I'm not sure if Kristin can see but she is doing some damage on the wrapping paper..


Go girl! Go!


Sara are you under there?





Yes, there was a little struggle between Rhonda and Sara. This would have been one of the moments that a little extra padding could have come in handy.



Rhonda is free, but not without much struggle......LOL



Rhonda was rolling as fast as she could.......you all really have to do this game, if you haven't before......




Oh man, my turn again. It was really getting hard to unwrap with the gloves on. The smaller it got the harder it was.....


I'll admit it..........I had to resort to............



Using my teeth...........


Back to Sarah.......

My turn to roll......and I just have to point out here how long I have gone without getting my nails done. I STILL have the black on the tips of my nails from Halloween. It's almost Christmas......REALLY, STEPHANIE? REALLY?

And Sarah did it! She got to the present before I rolled doubles.....

That big ol' box for this WONDERFUL STARBUCKS GIFT CARD!


Sara took my photo and I just couldn't resist............


We ended the evening in the family room opening up our "gift exchange". We drew numbers and whoever had number one went first in picking one of the wrapped gifts. The person with #2 could either steal #1's gift or open another gift. It went down through the line and each gift could only be taken 3 times.

I was the last person and I ended up with a pack of batteries and a $25 gift card to Starbucks......
YES, I DID STEAL IT.......there were LOTS of really cute gifts.....great times!.



That was Jackie's party. It was fun, it was yummy and I am soooooooo blessed to have such a great group of people in my life that I am lucky enough to have call me thier friend.......


I hope you enjoyed a peak into my crazy life......


Ciao Bellas~


PS. The pie and cookies she sent me home with were much appreciated by Hunk and the Rugrats...... What a perfect Hostess!

5 comments:

  1. Hahahaha - this looks SO fun! There is nothing better than a group of girlfriends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♥ HOW FUN!!! Oh man it looks like a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like everyone had a great time! I may have to steal those games for a future Christmas party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing like time with the gils!! What a great evening! I love the games intertwined with the meal! You are a lucky girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a FUN game! We are sooooo going to play this on Christmas Eve! Thanks from Tennessee!!

    ReplyDelete