Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Recipe Time! Bacon Wrapped Dates stuffed with Parmesan Cheese

I made Parmesan Cheese stuffed dates wrapped in Bacon today. Let's just say YUMMMMMMMMMMMMM YMMMMMMMMMMMMM.........Ooops, my butt just grew thinking about them! This tends to happen often to me (sigh)

I had these at a family get together and they quickly became a favorite around our home.

VERY EASY to make. You just need bacon, pitted dates, parmesan Cheese and toothpicks!


Cut the parmesan cheese into spears so you can cram them in the dates!

I'm getting hungry just typing this! Once you cram the cheese in the date you can break the remaining length of the cheese off.


So lets be honest here...... That remaining piece of cheese that I broke off, did not go into another date........nope it went straight in my pie hole..... soooooo good!



I just cut the bacon into 3rds......



Then I stack 1/3 of the bacon on top of each other and cut it in half length wise....




Pick up the stuffed date and just wrap the bacon around it...... sighhhhhhhhhhhh







Stab it with a toothpick (to keep that yummy bacon in place!)






Pop them in the oven at 375 degrees for about 20 to 25 minutes.




Where is the after photo???? Well, lets just say before I got the photo snapped they were gone. Lets face it..... something that practically melts in your mouth, tastes sweet like candy and wrapped in bacon..... We all can agree this wont last long.
They are a huge hit at parties.... You get the WHAT IS IT? And then WAZAKAMALMAZU they are GONE like the wind!
Little suggestion, if you are going to take them to a party ya might want to make a double batch, so a single batch makes it to your destination!
(you can get a double batch with 2/3 of the bacon package, two packages of dates, one cube of the parmesan cheese)
Good Golly Miss Molly I'm stuffed
Ciao!







No comments:

Post a Comment