Monday, September 19, 2011

California Lake Day

I think everyone needs a lake day from time to time.


Hunk and the girls are always "game" for taking the boat out.  I'm usually feeling "too tired" or "not in the mood"...  But one thing is always true......every time I step up and go with them I have a great time.  It's so fun and really refreshing on a hot California summer day....


When you have had a long day it really helps to sip a nice glass of cold wine on the boat while you watch your Rugrats cry because dad pushed them in kneeboard, wakeboard or just swim around. 

Ahhhhh.....  Relaxation time has begun..... Thank you Jesus for blessing me with wine living on this lake....

Kneeboarding anyone? I don't allow photos of my fat butt bikini body out there kneeboarding....  This is just not (usually) that kind of blog....The kind where I humiliate myself

And my Hunk is going back in the water....  


I may or may not be sitting at the back of the boat enjoying my glass of wine.....

My little rugrat kneeboarding......  I think she could do it all night...

Still going at it..... Little Sister sits watching for the thumbs up (go faster Dad) or the thumbs down (go slower Dad)  OR her favorite....the CRASH...


Since we are on a private lake it's so much more relaxing for this spazin mom because we are the only boat on the lake....  Unless the neighbor comes out, but we take turns, so we each always have the lake to ourselves...

After all that wine swimming, it's time to head to the barn for a yummy Hunk bbq'd ribeye steak and Grilled Peppers and watermelon... 

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog!
    I will tell you, I would be doing the same thing: Relaxing on the back of the boat with a tall pint of beer! (Or wine if I am feeling frisky!)
    How did you season the ribeye and grill the peppers. By honey just got one of these bad boys: http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3630823&CAWELAID=488914638

    and he is itching to grill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful relaxing way to spend the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh to live on a lake. Yummo food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, I just KNOW my invite was lost in the mail, right? RIGHT???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, Stephanie. Such a neat surprise! Looks like you guys had a great time. And now I'm hungry for steak! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! spectacular family time to have a lake all to yourself!!! (and wine!) :)

    thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving a comment. i really appreciate it! God bless you and yours and your sweet life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aleanan- Not sure what Hunk but on the steak. Garlic for sure, black pepper for sure and when he bbq's it he puts butter on it.. ( I know awful...but soooooooo good)

    The Peppers bbq'd and then are sprinkled with Feta cheese and olive oil and balsamic vinegar...

    Sighhhhhhh My butt just grew... (again)

    LBD- Can't believe you didn't receive that invite?!?

    Cheryl- Miss chattin' with you!

    Lovin' having time again to visit my fav blogs and some new ones!

    ReplyDelete