Thursday, October 28, 2010

THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM


I sit here by the light of my computer screen drinking my coffee (pumpkin spice in a Keurig cup soooooooooo excited when I found this!) and COUGHING my face off.  I thought I was on the mend.  Thought I was getting better and then BAM......start feeling poo poo la chu again last night. 

Even though I'm coughing I'm enjoying every sip and every click on the keyboard.  Why?  Because this is one of my favorite times of the day.  THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM.  The time when my home is quiet.  It's still dark outside and it's still fairly dark inside.  The children are nestled in their beds while visions of sugar plums dance in their heads......oh wait....that's a fairytale....but that is what this time of the morning feels like to me!  It's ME time....  Now all my children are in school (or work) so I'm not sure why when they are off to school it doesn't feel this way, never thought about it.  I think it's because my coffee is so good and I don't feel guilty for sitting down and not "starting my day" (ie getting my work groove going)... ha ha.... AND they look like perfect Angels sleeping.

The calm before the storm.  Funny how that term can fit so many times in our lives.  It actually fits our weather right now too.  I've heard it is supposed to start raining again tomorrow and the next day.  Hunk has been hunting in Idaho and he was in the middle of a snow storm when I spoke with him......by the way, he isn't having any luck yet.  Not making his day.  He is having fun visiting and relaxing though.

Do your Hunk's hunt?  Do they journey off to other states in hopes of bringing home a freezer full of food for your family? (I'm sure this is the main reason, not because it's so much fun and the freezer full of meat is just a perk)...  If I could just find a PERK like that for going to a Spa for a week with daily massages with a group of friends, now that is my kind of fun.  I guess the perk to that would be MY MOOD when I came home....

Great now I'm craving a massage....... just so you know I'll be dreaming about it all day....or picking up the phone and scheduling one.... I still have a gift card.......oh ya baby....... Momma needs a 90 minute massage.

And a pedicure....

Just like a kid, give me an inch.......and I want the whole inch-ilada...  or I take a mile.....OR how about eating an enchilada while I walk a mile..  ok drive....

The thunder has rolled and the lightening will strike any moment......goodbye calm, hello storm. 

Goodbye (for now) e-friends...... 

Good Morning b-e-a-utiful Rugrats!

Someone please pour me another cup of coffee.....

Ciao Bellas~
~Momma~

10 comments:

  1. Pumpkin Spice in a Keurig cup? Someone pour me a cup too! I must find this. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH man, I'm enjoying my cup of hazelnut in my extra giant starbuck's cup (although it isn't starbuck's coffee ha ha), and I am soooo agreeing with you. My favorite part of the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had a lot of storms and not much calm lately and unfortunately in the middle of the night. The joys of tornado warnings. Ugh. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying you feel better!! Where in the world did you find pumpkin spice for Keurig?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel better soon! I've been coughing for 8 weeks, (counting makes me feel in control), my chest doesn't hurt or throat, just a stinkin cough!UGH!!!!! I love getting up and having quiet time even now after all these years without kids! Praying for you today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum...... Pumpkin spice for Keurig???? Where oh where did you find it? I want some NOW! I love the calm but I also love the storm. All my children have flown the coup and now my 'stormies' are my grandchildren and I love to hear their little voices always. It just melts my heart! Enjoy them all at home now. All too soon it is just a memory.... =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did I miss this post Thursday? How did I not know you were sitting in front of your keyboard bringing forth brilliance? Where was I? Oz? I know I owe you a LONG email but there is no excuse for me missing this post. That just isn't right. I hope you're feeling much better now and able to enjoy some down time (massage anyone?) while Hunk is out being hunter-gatherer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got the Pumpkin Spice for Keurig at Bed Bath and Beyond. It is for a limited time so probably just for the Holidays.....IT IS SOOOOOOOO GOOD!

    I'm still feeling poop-a-la-chu but a tad better... Thanks so much for all your well wishes and prayers!

    ReplyDelete