Sunday, January 25, 2009
I'll keep you all posted.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Friday, January 9, 2009
This is his very first year wrestling and he missed a ton of practice because as soon as the season started he had to have hernia surgery. He went to a couple practices and then to the tournament. He lost both match's at the tournament and was a little down but we were still very proud of him for going out there and giving it his best.
Last night was nerve wrecking! I told my hubby "I can't watch!!" He said "you wont be able to NOT watch" Which I knew was true. But I could see him looking nervous down there waiting for his turn. What I did NOT know, which was probably for the best, is that he was told he was going to have to wrestle a Varsity player.
Ok, so first year wrestling, first (true) match where he had much practice ahead of time and he has to wrestle VARSITY.!! NO WONDER he was nervous! And all eyes on him, not a bunch of other match's going on at the same time.
Ok, so they call him out there and I'm thinking, ok, deep breaths Stephanie and I'm wondering what the coaches will yell to him (as I listened to them yelling at all the others before him). They shake hands and the time starts. I yell "Come on Kev!" This is pretty much the last thing I COMPLETELY remember. Kevin takes him down flips him over and has him in a hold and they start counting down a pin. Now at this point I know I'm yelling his name but not really sure what else. What were the coaches saying? NO CLUE, I couldn't have heard them over MYSELF if I had wanted to. I'm sure I looked like a crazy woman, no doubt. So I do recall at this point I stop yelling and say a prayer "Lord Please let him pin him, if not a pin them please let him have a good try at this and not get pinned in the first round, please!" and then I'm back to yelling. Well, they went out of the bounds so it started over again. Deep Breath, here we go again..... Come on Kev'!!! Next thing you know Kevin takes him down again, has his leg and twists him up and over and the ref is counting and boom PINNED!!! Kevin won!!!! I was 'woooooooo hoooooooooooing" So excited. Deep Breaths......... it's over. (a friend there did say I was yelling PIN HIM KEVIN PIN HIM.....lol) Kevin is pumped! He is grinning ear to ear. Yes! Yes! yes! and a Quick "Thank you so much God!". So I see him go and talk to his coach. Kevin walks away smiling......... I'm thinking he told him good job.
Well, what he told him was that he gets his VARSITY PATCH even though he is JV. He gets this because he wrestled a Varsity player and won!!!! Yippeee!! The coach then tells him that the Varsity guy he was supposed to wrestle the other school switched out because they were getting worried of losing the match so they put a better guy in. Kevin started saying, well, maybe he just wasn't very good, etc. I'm like "Buddy, just because you won doesn't mean he wasn't good. you were fast and did great, be proud! Not overconfident... but proud of yourself" So, it was a great night.
And my camera...........ya I forgot that at home!!!! UGHHHHHHHHH so upset. I did take a picture of him when we got home, but sure wish I had it at the match.
So I'm here in California doing my happy dance for my son today!
So my sister Tami awarded me with I heart your blog. Thank you Tami!! :-) I love you!!
Along with this award comes a little quiz...
1. Where is your cell phone? in my car
2. Where is your significant other? Driving our daughters to the bus stop
3. Your hair color? light brown
4. Your mother? about 10 minutes from me.
5. Your father? about 10 minutes from me
6. Your favorite thing? Family outings or Spa day!
7. Your dream last night? don't remember
8. Your dream/goal? To be debt free and to write a book
9. The room you're in? Dining Room
10. Your hobby? Going to the movies, is that a hobby?
11. Your fear? My cancer will return and I won't be here to see my grandchildren and retire with my hubby.
12. Where do you want to be in six years? happy & healthy and probably helping with my grandchild!
13. Where were you last night? My son Kevin's wrestling match. (HE WON!!!)
14. What you're not? Thin......(sorry Sister I had to steal this one too, cuz it is so true!)
15. One of your wish list items? Black enclosed toe shoes
16. Where you grew up? in the country in California
17. The last thing you did? made my girls lunches
18. What are you wearing? pajamas
19. Your TV? off
20. Your pet? 2 dogs and 4 cats
21. Your computer? ON (of couse!)
22. Your mood? Happy it's Friday but wish I didn't have to go to work!
23. Missing someone? Very much so!
24. Your car? Suburban
25. Something you're not wearing? socks
26. Favorite store? White and Black
27. Your Summer? Best part of the year to live on the lake!
28. Love someone? absolutely
29. Your favorite color? turquoise
30. When is the last time you laughed? this morning
31. Last time you cried? yesterday
So there you have it. :-)
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Would you believe they are so comfortable with us around here that Mike was working on the tractor yesterday and they wouldn't move out of his way! He actually bumped one in the butt with the bucket of the tractor and then it moved out of his way. He said it was like "Excuse me, can't you see I'm eating here." LOL
One of the many things I'm grateful for in 2009! Being able to watch all the nature around me.