Sunday, July 25, 2010

Maui, Hawaii...Day 6 {PART TWO}

Hunk is on the Lanai, deep in thought. ......
OR
is he just enjoying the view?

I'd say it's the view.  Every morning we sit on the lanai, drink our coffee and enjoy this view.  We usually say something like "man.....this place just sucks eggs!  Maybe we should stay here until it doesn't suck eggs anymore...."

Today was a fun day!  I didn't take my camera with us (darn) but we all went to black rock and went snorkeling.  It was so much fun!  Hunk and I were holding hands as I let him guide me around some coral and look at some beautiful colored fish.  It was feeling like a 2nd honeymoon until I felt a sharp pain on my leg.  It felt like I had been bit by something!  I whipped around with all the panic of a person being attacked by a shark and what did I find.  My rugrat daughter had hit me with her flipper!  Those things hurt.  Soooo teh romantic honeymoon moment was gone with one kick of a flipper and the rugrats we claim as our own gathered around us.  BUT at that moment my heart soared with love for my family and the feeling of being so very blessed that we are fortunate enough to be able to be here and to be snorkeling together as a family.  ALL my children here with me.  It's days like this that I think "If my cancer returns my children will always have this memory"  It's a good thing.........NO, it's a  GREAT thing. 

My sister, brother in law and the rugrats kept snorkeling and Hunk and my 17 year old rugrat son took off down the beach.  They had an appointment to go Scuba Diving today.  My oldest Rugrat and his "fiance" have enjoyed it so much that Hunk and my other son decided they needed to try it out.

After snorkeling we decided we were starving... I know this is a shock to you all because I usually have to force myself to stop eating eat anything, but I was hungry enough to start spearing fish and making my own sushi.

We drove into Lahina and ate at "Bubba Gumps".  It was good but not great.  Usually I love it.  Maybe it had to do with oldest rugrat excusing himself to the bathroom and then not returning forever!  I sent my brother in law in to the bathroom to see if he was ok.  Thoughts of a panic stricken mom start going through my head.  What if one of the locals got mad at him and beat him up.  What if he is in there sick.  What if someone kidnapped him.  My heart starts racing (yes I am a spaz).  Then I see my brother in law start walking outside...obviously my son is not in the bathroom.  I panic.  My brother inlaw comes back empty handed.  He says he didn't see him.  I throw down my credit card and announce to the rugrats, when the bill comes give them this.  I take off outside.  I must have looked like a crazed woman and I hear "MOM".  I turn around as if I am going to have to pounce and fight for his return and there he is.....ON THE PHONE OUTSIDE.  I do what any good mom would do and I walk over and say "Thanks allot! You scared the CRAP OUT OF ME!"  Of course with a smile on my face. NOT!  Then I realize he is in deep conversation.  Again, my mind goes.  Wow, what if something bad is happening at home. 

I return to my seat at the table and announce he is on the phone outside.  I take deep breaths and then my brother in law tells me about his trip to the bathroom to see if he was ok.  I guess he went in and spoke (to a bathroom stall door) "Hey, you okay?"  My son (or so he thought) said "Yes."  So my brother in law who is much like my Hunk starts shaking the stall door on my son...only it wasn't my son..... and the man in the stall starts yelling "Go away man! I don't know you!"....  HA HA HA HAHA..... only to our family.

So my son......he was on the phone with his future father in law talking to him about the fact that he was going to ask his daughter to marry him that evening.  I wonder if he heard his daughters crazed future mother in law freaking out on the poor boy about not telling him if he is going to go use the phone.  WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!  ha ha

So we did a little shopping and then met back up with Hunk and my rugrat and got all the scoop on the Scuba dive.  They loved it!  My oldest son and his girlfriend took off down to the beach (where he was asking her to marry him at sunset) and we headed down to the pool.  A bit later we see them heading up hand in hand, her on the phone and huge smiles.  They were so excited.  She kept saying she needed to calm down that she was so excited that her heart was about to pound out of her chest.  This made my heart soar.  You could see the love that she has for my son and that makes any mom feel good.

After the pool we headed back up to the condo so my rugrat daughter could put on her famous show (that she does every time we go on vacation)  "The Amazing Franswaw" sock puppet show!  Below are the photos from her show.    We all gathered around in the living room and watched, laughed and again I felt so blessed for everything and everyone I have in my life.  I only wish my parents could have been here.  They would have loved the show!

And the flower goes to........

My nephew!  Who is Frenswaw's biggest fan.  He belly laughs so much during her shows.

She is looking for more props! LOL

Hunk breaks out the ice cream bars for intermission.  Even during a show as entertaining as this one.....it's still all about the food.

Frenswaw has a new master now.  My nephew has decided to try his hand at it.....but will not give up the ice cream bar. LOL

In fact, Frenswaw has now been replaced with the ice cream bar.


And that my friends was the end of our beautiful 6th day on Maui.

I highly recommend a puppet show by the Rugrats as a top ten way to end your day.

Aloha!

2 comments:

  1. I miss all of you guys sooooooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right - Hunk is a hunk! I'm stealing the girl's haircut in picture #7 (where nephew is holding flower) and am so glad you're having an awesome, awesome time! Hope time does NOT fly by but that you actually begin to WANT to go home to your beautiful hacienda when the time comes - otherwise you'll have me visiting you in your new home!

    ReplyDelete